Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Surf's Up

(Which is an amazing and hilarious movie. Watch it, for the love, watch it...)

There are many things in life that come in waves...you've gotta figure out which one to surf.

That analogy would work really well if I surfed.

But I don't. I wish I did. But alas, I do not. "I'm not cool enough" (School of Rock).

This is one of those waves that should be surfed. By this, I of course mean, blogging. I don't want think so highly of myself that I think everyone should hear (or read) every inner thought I have. Let's face it, most of my ideas are cockamamie (ie: ridiculous or implausible) but sometimes they can be candy coated goodness. I am inspired by God (who speaks to me in the bathroom), Jon Acuff and many others who I think are ordinary and hilarious. (Check him out for a think and a laugh.)

The ordinary is extraordinary. That's the point of this whole shenanigan I have concocted in my head (and heart). I choose to surf today the ordinary life in extraordinary ways. You should too. It'll be great (said in a Scottish brogue for emphasis). So stay tuned for outrageous, run of the mill, everyday occurrences that in all actuality are quite extraordinary.

Listen in the Loo. He speaks in the mundane.

"Do everything for the glory of God" - 1 Corinthians 10:31

....surfs up, my friends.

1 comment: