Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 2 - Ease on down the road

On the second day of creation, God separated the water with a dome and created the sky.

I didn't create sky today, but it was a beautiful day! Gorgeous, even.

I got up early...6 am! That is waaaaay out of my comfort zone. I was so tired my face hurt, but I was so excited I didn't care. Before going to bed the night before, my friend Laura and I rewrote "No Woman No Cry" for her students....on the ukulele. I fulfilled a childhood dream to write part of a rap. Check! We performed it for her classes later in the morning. I gave a testitalk (just coined that phrase....copyright pending) on the hemorrhaging woman from Mark 5 in her first period and the need for honesty with God with respects to Psalm 34:18-21. It was a great morning.

I took a side trip between classes to St. Joseph's Abbey in Covington to get some research done for my book. I got to sit down with one of the monks - Father Raphael. We talked for a while about what he did everyday and what I was doing. He was jazzed that his name was in my book and that made me excited to see him excited. He was precious.

In the afternoon, Laura and I headed to the French Quarter Festival in New Orleans. At one point, I felt like we were at a Dave Matthews concert - never seen so many older hippies wearing tie-dye and dancing around in my life.

At one point during the night, we got some grub - crawfish bread. It. Was. Heavenly. I love New Orleans for many reasons, but this bread creeps up near the top of the list. After some dancing to the Mardi Gras Indians and a great brass band and heading home, I thought more about that crawfish bread. Laura and I would just look at each other and sigh, "that bread!...."

This may seem kind of trivial to you, but I knew God loved me because of that crawfish bread.

It's true. He does.

It says in Romans that "God proves His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us". There should be an asterisk attached about the crawfish bread. Yes, God's sacrifice of His only Son is the ultimate sign of His Love and all, but there are so many little things in life that God shows His love.

Some of my favorites include:
Crawfish bread
Sunshine
Humidity (call me crazy but I love it)
The Flip Video
My friend's son Anthony laughing at me, and getting the hiccups
Being able to weave in and out of traffic
Getting great gas mileage
Seeing sunflowers on my trip
...and much more

Today I felt loved by God, even when I wasn't so confident in myself. It's the little things that add up and mean a lot. Look for the little things today.

**There is a video coming...promise**

No comments:

Post a Comment